In the past we have had churches apply to host Night to Shine without a full understanding of the event and what is expected of an official Host Church. Please take a few moments to review the following list of expectations that will also be included in the Official 2019 Night to Shine Planning Manual, provided to churches selected to host Night to Shine.
In order to maintain a consistent level of excellence in service, event production and brand throughout this worldwide event, we must request that the following expectations regarding the event planning, marketing, professional services, volunteers, event set-up and follow-through are met. The following list of expectations is the result of extensive research, advice and counsel from experts in the field and the firsthand experience with thousands of guests, volunteers and staff.
Event Planning Expectations
- Event held on church property unless otherwise agreed upon in writing.
- Minimum of 75 guests with special needs in attendance, ages 14 and older.
- Event complimentary for all guests with special needs and their parents/caretakers.
- Recommended event timeframe of 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. (respective time zones) on Friday, February 8, 2019.
- Pastor-led prayer during the event.
- Crowning ceremony to crown each guest a king or queen of the prom.
- Encouraging notecards for each honored guest.
- Budget proposal submitted by October 15, 2018, for review and approval.
- Estimated number of attendees submitted by December 14, 2018.
- Signed liability releases, collected for each participant prior to the event.
- TTF added to church insurance and provided with a Certificate of Insurance by January 15, 2019.
- A/V equipment for playing video and other digital media during the event.
- TTF staff, Global Partners, celebrities and VIP guests may visit select churches. Your church may be asked to set-up a designated cheering area for visiting Global Partners, celebrities or VIP guests.
- Use of official Night to Shine press release and additional release template provided by TTF.
- Use of official introductory social media post provided by TTF.
- Use of official Night to Shine and Tim Tebow Foundation hashtags.
- Use of official Tim Tebow Foundation Night to Shine Invitation.
- Use of official Night to Shine logo in the exact format it is received.
- Use of official event name: Night to Shine, sponsored by the Tim Tebow Foundation at <Insert Your Church Name>.
- Use of Key Information and Talking Points, provided in the Official Night to Shine Planning Manual. Church staff and volunteers have read and understand the expectations around handling the media, key messaging and talking points for communicating with the media and other parties.
- Use of one email from the Tim Tebow Foundation to your Night to Shine volunteers thanking them for their love for people with special needs and an invitation to hear about how their support of their local Night to Shine is impacting the worldwide movement of Night to Shine.
- Use of one email from the Tim Tebow Foundation to the honored guests and/or their family letting them know how much TTF supports them. Also included will be an invitation for them to see and be a part of the Night to Shine stories from around the world.
- Use of a special message from our Global Partner team, accompanying the video message from Tim Tebow.
- Use of logos provided by TTF, including logos from TTF, Global Partners and your church’s logo in a logo loop to be played at the event.
- Use of all signage provided by the Tim Tebow Foundation and Global Partners.
Professional Services Expectations
- Minimum of 3 professional photographers covering the scope of the event.
- Minimum of one professional videographer.
- DJ, playing music that is entirely free of explicit content (profanity, sexual themes or drug and alcohol references).
- *Your DJ should be able to recommend a set list of appropriate songs.
- Food for guests, parents, family and caretakers.
- Flower station, providing corsages for the ladies and boutonnieres for the men.
- Uniformed EMT and Law Enforcement personnel on site during the event in a designated area.
- Network of volunteers with specific assigned roles.
- Background checks for all volunteers.
- Buddy for every guest with special needs.
- Volunteers will all receive training for the event in general and in their respective role.
- Volunteers will all read and understand how to use People First Language and how to respectfully interact with guests.
Event Set-Up Expectations
- Event signage utilizes the Night to Shine theme, colors and messaging.
- Volunteer check-in area on day of the event.
- Plan for parking and drop-off, including directional signage and parking attendants.
- Limousine(s) available on site during the event to offer all guests with special needs an opportunity for a short ride.
- Red carpet with rope and stanchions at the entrance/drop-off area.
- Registration table with the official Night to Shine table runner from the Night to Shine Prom Kit.
- Coat Check and Lost and Found area near the registration table.
- Beauty station offering makeup and hair touch-ups for ladies and shoe shines for men.
- Dance Floor Space.
- Crowns and tiaras for each guest.
- Special video message from Tim Tebow played during the event.
- Respite Room area designated specifically for parents, family members or caretakers to enjoy food and entertainment, such as a movie or other appropriate activity.
- Sensory Room area specifically for guests who may have become over-stimulated or need a quieter environment for the evening.
- Separate Sensory red carpet entrance for guests who may not feel comfortable entering the event surrounded by a crowd of people, flash photography, music, clapping, etc.
- Gift table for distribution of Night to Shine gift bags.
- Encouraging notecards for each honored guest.
- Selection of 15-20 photos covering the overview of your event submitted to the Tim Tebow Foundation by noon EST on February 9, 2019.
- Selection of high quality video highlights from your event submitted to TTF by noon EST on February 9, 2019.
- Complete financial statement including all expenses incurred and all in-kind donations submitted by February 22, 2019.